Here’s why you need to learn valuable leadership skills.
We all have our habitual responses to stressful situations—and they often lead us in the opposite direction from where we want to go. We don’t intend to get so easily thrown off course, but it happens. We shut down or fly off the handle or get confused or whatever it is that we do when we get overwhelmed—at work, at home, wherever we are in the world.
These repetitive patterns are stored in our bodies, and unconsciously impact our ability to make good decisions under pressure, yet drive our reactions and choices. That is until we intentionally practice ways to create new possibilities.
Based in mindfulness practice and the Japanese martial art of Aikido, Leadership Embodiment teaches you how to uncover the core patterns hidden in your body, along with powerful and effective tools for synchronizing your body, mind, and heart. Through short, enjoyable body-based exercises and practices, you will learn:
- To identify your unique “signature” stress pattern (how you react under pressure)
- How to swiftly shift from a reactive state to a more responsive and easy state
- Body-mind actions to center yourself when facing business and life dilemmas and decisions
- Learn the leadership skills to handle conflict effectively
By the end of this workshop, you will have access to increased confidence and an enhanced capacity to respond to stress and pressure in all areas of your life with more ease, intention, and grace.
Please note: This course is the same as Leadership Embodiment Course Level 1 Fundamentals and meets the requirements as a prerequisite for all the other courses and retreats. Repeating Level 1 is invited.
- You will discover the often surprising ways your body is wired to respond to everyday challenges and demands.
- You will practice creative approaches to making new body-mind connections in a variety of circumstances.
- You will set clear intentions for moving forward in a specific area of your life and work.
- You will take home easy-to-use exercises for quickly creating ease, confidence, and focus—anytime, anywhere.
Of Professional Interest …
In addition to benefiting everyone seeking to grow personally or pursue a passion project, this workshop will greatly benefit:
- People in leadership positions—and those wanting to advance in their workplace
- Entrepreneurs and influencers
- Executive coaches and life coaches
- Somatic therapists and others working with somatic-based modalities
The state of centered, empowered, and embodied leadership is strengthened by repeated and ongoing practice. —Wendy Palmer
Watch: Wendy Palmer on Leadership Presence
Wendy Palmer is the founder of Leadership Embodiment, a process that integrates mindfulness with principles from the Japanese martial art of Aikido to offer simple tools and practices to increase creativity and resilience in leaders. She has worked with executive teams and individuals at Twitter, Genentech, Jazz Pharmaceuticals, The Gap, NASA, Salesforce.com, McKinsey & Co, Oracle, Unilever, the BBC, and Daimler Chrysler Group. She holds a sixth degree black belt in Aikido, has practiced mindfulness for 45 years and is the author of Leadership Embodiment, The Intuitive Body, and The Practice of Freedom. leadershipembodiment.com