Updated March 2020
At WOMEN TOGETHER, we trust that all of our spaces, including our website, are being used for legal and respectful purposes by trustworthy people. While using any of these sites, you agree to abide by these terms and conditions. Our policy is updated based on the date provided above and we have the right to modify these terms based on our discretion at any time. Please do not participate on the Women Together site, or any site related to it, if you do not agree to any of the terms, below.
3. Women Together Accounts. Women Together might request that you create an account, upload data, or download information in order to use our site. Only those who are 16 years of age or older, may participate in these activities without parental consent. We require that you provide complete and accurate information when creating an account or using any other aspect of the Women Together Sites. If you wish to deactivate your existing account, please follow the applicable user instructions and/or ask us to manually deactivate your account. Any and all passwords associated with Women Together should be kept confidential at all times. Women Together Sites must always be used in compliance with our policies and guidelines. We reserve the right to remove your account if we, in our sole discretion, determine that you are not using your account or our site consistent with its purpose.
4. Posting Content. You represent and warrant that any material you post to the Women Together Sites, does not infringe another party’s intellectual property rights or any applicable national or local law that may apply regarding the posting of material. You also agree that any material you post will not infringe on any third party right — including copyright, trademark, patent, right of publicity or other intellectual property right, and will not slander, defame, libel or invade the right of privacy or publicity of any other person. By posting material, you agree to give to Women Together a non-exclusive, royalty free and perpetual, non-revocable license for Women Together to use that content throughout the world in whatever way Women Together chooses, on any media platforms available now or developed in the future. Additionally, as part of this license, you specifically agree to allow Women Together to sublicense any material to the Eileen Fisher Foundation or any related entity. If you submit any material to the Women Together Sites (translations, questions, comments or otherwise) you understand and agree that it may be used by Women Together for any reason throughout the world without requirement or consent, and that Women Together may edit your material as long as the meaning is preserved. Women Together reserves the right to remove any material or posts that in any way infringes on another party’s intellectual property rights. If you post any material that violates this paragraph, or these policies, in any way, you understand that we may remove the posting and that you agree to indemnify Women Together based on the indemnification provided below.
COPYRIGHT ISSUES AND LICENSES
5. DMCA Notice. Women Together strives to ensure all content posted to its site, including user generated or provided material, is based in fact and does not infringe on any person’s intellectual property rights, there may be an occasion when content is provided by other parties, and/or may include material that infringes on the copyright another third party. If this happens, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for those who believe that material appearing on the Women Together Sites infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that content on our site infringes your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting the material be removed or access to it blocked.
The notice must include the following information:
- your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address
sufficient detail identifying the copyrighted work alleged to have been infringed
- identification of the material that you claim to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to allow us to locate the material on the site
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; such as, “I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.”
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; such as, “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
- an electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner that is allegedly infringed.
All claims of copyright infringement should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent by mail:
Attention: Diana Murphy
50 East Buckout Street #102
Irvington, NY 10533
6. Women Together Content Ownership. Unless otherwise indicated on the website, audio and video files, transcripts and/or information about a speaker found on womentogether.com is owned or licensed by Women Together. You agree not to distribute any of our content without prior written authorization, unless we make available the content through functionality offered on our website (such as the Embeddable Player).
LEGAL RISK AND RESPONSIBILITIES
7. No Warranties. All content provided by Women Together is made available AS IS and we do not offer any warranty of any kind, or represent that the content will be accurate, complete, or error-free. Women Together is not liable for the usage of, implementation of, impact from, or communication of the ideas presented in any content.
9. Limitation of Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL WOMEN TOGETHER, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, PARTNERS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE ACCESS OF, USE OR INABILITY TO USE WOMEN TOGETHER CONTENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, USE OF OR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION, INTERRUPTIONS, ERRORS, DEFECTS, MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, DELETIONS OF FILES, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, NON-DELIVERY OF INFORMATION, DISCLOSURE OF COMMUNICATIONS, OR ANY OTHER FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE.