Imagine a sanctuary in the midst of the digital world: a welcoming online space that exists solely for the purpose of exploring meaningful conversation. A place where you can come to connect deeply with others who share your passions and concerns. In addition, a space where you are invited to exchange and celebrate personal insights, wisdom, and stories.
Women Together Conversations, our online community, is that sanctuary. It is a platform for the Women Together community to benefit from engaging and sharing.
Togetherness. Support. Learning. Celebration. Connection. These are all vital elements for a healthy and thriving community. When we experience a true sense of belonging, we can more easily take off our armor and shed our conditional responses. When we feel connected, we naturally embrace our passions and gifts. Furthermore, we become our most authentic selves. When we feel supported, we can more easily put into action our unique ways of serving the world.
We envision Women Together Conversations as a haven for diving into what matters most and creating the changes we want to see in the world—starting with ourselves.
Why Community is Important to Us
Women Together itself is an invitation from clothing designer and entrepreneur Eileen Fisher. When Eileen first started what would become EILEEN FISHER Inc, she had no idea what she was entering into. She had four patterns for comfortable clothes she wanted to wear but was inexperienced when it came to business, manufacturing, and sales—she couldn’t even sew. A natural collaborator, she reached out to others. She asked a lot of questions and listened, listened, listened. She formed a community of people around her and out of that collaboration came the company we know as EILEEN FISHER Inc.
EILEEN FISHER Inc. is now the largest women’s fashion organization to be certified a B Corporation, having met high criteria for social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Eileen and the company continue to prioritize sustainability, empower women and girls, and challenge “business as usual.” Eileen and her team values more feminine ways of working, including an emphasis on collaboration, authenticity, and personal well-being.
Also a lifelong learner and seeker, Eileen has asked herself a lot of questions along the way. She credits meditation, personal-growth work, and embodiment practices with giving her the clarity and courage, as well as energy, to rise to the demands of her life and work.
Women Together emerged from Eileen’s desire to share some of these tools and to bring women together to learn from each other. From that vision, Women Together is evolving into a nexus for new and meaningful conversations, teachings, and practices for navigating life and work in more holistic ways—ways that are especially relevant for women as we step up and take our place the world.
Women Together Conversations: Expanding what’s possible
Women Together was born out of the belief that our revolution begins within and that a collective power emerges when women connect with other women. Women Together gives us the tools to ignite true and lasting change—in ourselves and each other.
Let’s create the change we want to see in the world. Together.
Here are some of the things we’ve discovered:
- Learning is good for you.
It is an ongoing engagement with curiosity and a desire for growth and change.
- It is important to listen to our bodies, to move them and enjoy them.
Our bodies are our single best source of intelligence and often hold the key to what we want to know.
- Things like meditation and yoga really do work.
A regular mind-body practice is enormously helpful for creating health and vitality as well as navigating life’s ups and downs.
- A sense of individual purpose matters.
When we engage with our purpose—or even inquire into what our purpose might be—it instills everything we do with a sense of meaning.
- Connection is key.
It is through relationship—with our own selves and with each other—that we thrive and create new possibilities individually, together, and in the world.
We created Women Together Conversations to explore meaningful conversations in the spirit of authentic connection — to share passions and concerns, and to exchange and celebrate personal insights, wisdom, and stories. We could have created a group somewhere else, but we chose this path and platform for a few key reasons:
- This online space is ours. As we build this community together, we will take advantage of the platform’s features perfect for deep and immersive conversations. We will be able to create and offer valuable and exclusive content to community members, and connect you to online or “real-life” events. Plus, the Women Together team has access to great analytics that will make us smarter and faster about what’s working for you, and what’s not.
- We can connect you in truly relevant ways. We can introduce you to fellow community members near you, and with whom you share affiliations and interests and passions in the same topics.
- We’re able to bring together people, content, practices, and more to enrich all of our lives. By launching this community, we are introducing you to people you might not otherwise meet, opening up the possibility for valuable connection and collaboration, and bringing you new, fresh ideas and practices to take into your daily life.
What You Should Expect from Women Together Conversations
We’re aiming to make your experience here as valuable as possible. We want you to get five key things from Women Together Conversations:
- Exclusive content and conversations you can’t find anywhere else.
- Connections with others who share your interests, live near you, enjoy similar activities and practices, and/or care about the same things.
- The opportunity to make better, more well-informed decisions about the things that are most important to you.
- An invitation to swap stories, experiences, and ideas (not necessarily advice) around Women Together’s shared mission.
- Inspiration, thought-provoking conversations, and expert perspectives each and every day.
To make this a reality, we’re going to need your help. Every time you contribute a story, experience, or idea, you’re building a knowledge-base every member of this community can tap into.
Let’s make change happen. Together.
Join the conversation: conversations.womentogether.com
—The Women Together Team